I've been looking at this blog, and felt I had to explain the lack of posts.
I had such aspirations when I started this blog on my birthday last year.
For a fiftieth year, the most monumental, heart-breaking thing happened.
My husband of 24 years was diagnosed with stage 3B lung cancer the beginning of August.
I was able to take time off of work to be his caregiver, as he wanted to die at home.
He passed December 9th. Just four months after the confirmed diagnosis.
It really isn't until someone isn't there that you truly realize how important they are in your life.
Day by day I am learning to walk alone.
One day soon I will hopefully be able to post a poem I'll write ... the tears are still too close to the surface I fear.
And is it just a little less painful now? A little different than the sudden death of my marirage - it was sick but ... - however, the pain at times was unbearable, also.
ReplyDeleteAre you getting to place where you get through a day without tears ... saving them for the night? I hope so dear friend. In the terrible times that remain just remember that I love you, my special friend.Yyou have given so much joy to me.